Debating Skills Conference:
The VT Debate Club in conjunction with Delta Phi Honors, The National Debate and Forensics Honor Society, will be putting on a Debate Skills Conference to help distill the core skills and lessons that people hone during their debate (and forensics) careers to the public. There will be one session on Friday, 4/20 and another on Saturday, 4/21.
At this conference, participants will be taught how to hone their critical thinking skills especially with respect to arguments, public speaking, thinking on their feet, make good arguments, and defeat bad ones. We are trying to have more people gain access to the skills learned from debate so as to utilize them in everyday life; its raw purpose is practical application.
Some Quick Points:
- This is intended to be very oriented towards the participants,
- Includes personalized recommendations, and improvement methods
- As such, there is a cap of 20 participants to each session
- The cost is $25; similar programs cost $100′s
–if there is excess demand, we will try to setup another session that works for those participants, or provide a full refund
- Send your an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or would like more information
- There is no perfect substitute to debating–if you are serious about mastering these skills, join the VT Debate Club